1 cup (90 g) Bob’s Red Mill Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (gluten free for GF eaters)
1/2 cup (85 g) uncooked Bob’s Red Mill White Quinoa
2 cups (224 g) raw almonds, roughly chopped
1 Tbsp (12 g) coconut sugar (or sub organic brown sugar, muscovado, or organic cane sugar)
pinch sea salt
3 1/2 Tbsp (52 ml) coconut oil
1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup (or agave nectar)
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees F.
2. Add oats, quinoa, almonds, coconut sugar, and salt to a large mixing bowl – stir to combine.
3. To a small saucepan, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Warm over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, whisking frequently until the two are totally combined and there is no visible separation.
4. Immediately pour over the dry ingredients and stir to combine until all oats and nuts are thoroughly coated. Arrange on a large baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Then remove from oven and stir/toss the granola. Turn the pan around so the other end goes into the oven first (so it bakes evenly) and bake 5-10 minutes more. Watch carefully as to not burn. You’ll know it’s done when the granola is deep golden brown and very fragrant.
6. Let cool completely before enjoying. Store leftovers in a sealed bag or container at room temperature for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Serving size: 1/2 cup (of 7 total servings)
Calories : 332 g
Fat : 20.9 g
Saturated fat : 6.3 g
Carbohydrates: 30.8 g
Sugar : 9.7 g
Sodium : 38 mg
Fiber : 5.4 g
Protein : 9 g