1 cup gluten free oats, ground or oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1¼ cup shredded zucchini, moisture squeezed out
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup maple syrup
¾ cup natural peanut butter (creamy)
¼ cup + 1 tbsp mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. To the bowl of a mixer add eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and peanut butter. Mix until well combined, about 1 minute. You may need to scrape the sides one time.
3. Grate your zucchini and squeeze out excess moisture. Add to the mixer.
4. Put 1 cup gf rolled oats into a food processor or blender to grind to a course flour. (Or you can buy oat flour, but I like the courser texture of grinding my own.)
5. Stir the salt, baking soda, and cinnamon into the ground oats.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixer.
7. Mix just until everything is combined.
8. Add in ¼ cup of chocolate chips. Mix into batter.
9. Grease a standard bread pan very well on bottom and sides.
10. Pour batter into pan and spread into an even layer. It will be thick.
11. Sprinkle on 1 tbsp of chocolate chips over the top.
12. Bake for 38-45 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean. Make sure to check the bread at 38 minutes so that you don’t dry it out.
13. Let cool for 10-15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the bread pan.
Serving size: 1 slice (1/8)
Calories : 249
Fat : 15.3
Saturated fat : 3.4
Sugar : 11.7
Fiber : 3.2
Protein : 9.7